- Scope of Position
The LPG Fuel Delivery Driver is responsible for driving and operating a Propane Bobtail (3,000-5,000 gallon capacity) for propane delivery to specified locations in an efficient, prompt and safe manner. Duties also include hauling tanks and other assets using a flatbed trailer. This position requires a Class B CDL license with hazmat endorsements and physical demands which include 60-200 lbs. of lifting.
- Key Responsibilities
- Inspects vehicle and notifies supervisor of needed equipment, supplies, or routine maintenance.
- Maintains and completes accurate records by documenting truck inspections, hours of service, product transported, and miles driven
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relations by meeting or exceeding customer requirements to contribute to a positive public relations image
- Meet all DOT requirements.
- Under supervision, handles and maintains flow of materials and products under safety guidelines.
- Applies a thorough understanding of the technical concepts, practices and procedures and a general knowledge of industry standards and government regulations related to testing and transporting bulk petroleum products to pipeline injection points
- Plans and accomplishes a complete range of operational assignments and tasks that are varied and moderately complex to complex related to gauge tank volumes and testing product quality and specifications of bulk petroleum products
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations and company policies and procedures by operating all vehicles and equipment in a safe and efficient manner to maintain the ongoing transport of petroleum products
- Familiarity with safety protocols of highly regulated customers including refineries and rail roads
- Maintains the operational efficiency of vehicles by monitoring truck maintenance needs, conducting minor repairs and conducting daily DOT truck inspections to ensure maximum vehicle safety
- Must have the ability to perform pre- and post-trip inspections on equipment used for the transportation of hazardous materials. Knowledge of all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Follows and meets time and delivery requirements by adhering to the pick-up and delivery schedule to contribute to operational effectiveness
- Work is normally performed outside where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, fumes and gases is common. Job hazards include frequently working near moving mechanical parts and occasionally working in high, precarious places with occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
- Position may require working evening hours and weekends as needed
- 2+ years experience in propane and/or fuel distribution business
- 1+ years tanker experience within the last 5 years
- Class B CDL license with hazmat and tanker endorsement
- Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- No more than one moving violation in the previous 2 years
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Other Attributes / Abilities
Performs such other duties as may be required
- Certificates and Licenses Required
Must pass the pre-employment drug screening and background check; and must possess Class B CDL license with hazmat and tanker endorsement.